Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Idea for Necrocrypt

Magmin conjured to work on the Groarnfer Plan

I was looking at the map of Necrocrypt and saw how damn lame it was so I re-worked it a bit.  The concept of Necrocrypt came from my reading the Necromancers Handbook (2nd Edition).  In this book they mention an island called Sahu.  The main theme of the book, outside of class discussion, is a lich locked away in some ruin and a few other ancient ruins on the island.  I took that idea and expanded on it when I came up with my map of Necrocrypt.  The Necromancers Handbook was also the genesis of the Black Tide of Thasmudyan - where there was one lich in the book, I figured why not make a whole group of undead lords working together just like they did when they were party members of Black Banner.   The Horgon were introduced to the island as a way of bringing in a powerful source of necromancer lore.  

Necrocrypt is going about some design changes.  One of the things I've added involves Dax and his Groarnfer Plan.  I started taking Dax down the road of madness with his decision to send Black Tide forces against Black Forge Keep.  This enterprise was a failure and drew the ire of Raxcvillibus.

Dax is a hero who thinks up grand and often impossible schemes, his madness is thought to have started after he fought Raxcvillibus and was nearly psionically lobotomized.

The Groarnfer Plan was a grand project by Dax designed to change the flow of lava spilling into Hakân and then into Satheon.  After this plan was completed, Dax started an even grander project called the Gruggvein Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment